2018 Virginia Master Naturalist Statewide Photography Contest
VMN Contest winning photo by Arlene Crabbe
All Virginia Master Naturalist Chapters are invited to enter photographs and the NNMN chapter will hold an Internal chapter contest in late July to choose which photos to enter in the contest. More info coming soon.
Northern Neck VMN Chapter will be able to enter one photograph in each of the following four categories, for a total of 4 photo entries from our chapter
- VIRGINIA FLORA, to include fungi. Code: Flora
- VIRGINIA FAUNA, Code: Fauna
- VIRGINIA LANDSCAPES AND HABITATS (ex: sunsets, waterfalls, geology, etc.), Code: LS & H.
- VIRGINIA MASTER NATURALISTS IN ACTION (Citizen Science, Education, Stewardship), Code: Action.
All pictures must be taken in Virginia.
In the Virginia Flora and Virginia Fauna categories, the main subject must be a Virginia native species. Non-native species may be in the background.
All entries must be photographs that have been taken in the state of Virginia by members or trainees in good standing with their Virginia Master Naturalists chapter.
All photographs must be in digital JPEG (JPG) format.
- Cropping, resizing, and rotating photo
- Red-eye removal
- One-step enhancement, such as Auto-Fix, Quick-Fix, Auto-Levels, etc.
- Filters to sharpen, blur, reduce noise
- Corrective functions to improve the natural appearance of the image, such as white balance, brightness, contrast, levels, exposure, saturation, color balance
Modifications not permitted
- Adding, removing, or replacing elements
- Artistic filters
- Added borders or frames
For complete rules and regs see VMN 2018 Photo contest website